How to Charge a Laptop with a Power Bank? Step-By-Step Guide
Let’s admit this…
Running out of battery is a common problem in this running world!
And We can’t run with a plugin with us though!
You’re away from home for a new adventure or at a memorable event!
Let’s say A Power cut robs you off of your Work from Home fun!
There are always ways!
And this way is easy & quite convenient!
Of course – the best power bank for travel!
Yes, you can Charge Your Laptop with a Power Bank!
Here’s the Step-by-Step Guide to help you out!
We have also provided Tips on How to Increase the Battery Life of your laptop if you want to buy a laptop under 30000.
- How to Charge a Laptop with a Power Bank
- How to charge the laptop with Power Bank. - Step by Step Tutorial Video
- How to Increase Battery Life of Laptop
1 How to Charge a Laptop with a Power Bank
Step 1: Choose the Right Power Bank
- Most Laptops require Power Source worth 16 to 20 V.
- Check your Laptop’s Power Ratings and Voltage Output on the Current AC Adapter or in the Manual.
- Low Capacity Power Banks used for mobiles & other devices might not serve your laptop!
- Also, Check your Power Bank’s Output & Specifications.
- We conducted research and saw that Mi Power Bank is an apt option for your Laptop.
Step 2: Charge your power bank fully before leaving
- Your Power Bank won’t be your savior if itself isn’t charged!
- And less power won’t help you go on for a whole day!
- So, ensure your Power Bank is fully charged before leaving.
Step 3: Connect the power bank to your laptop
Connect your Power Bank to your Laptop through USB Port.
This relies on the type of USB port you have on your laptop.
Look Out for the right USB Port:
A) USB Type-A:
- Type A can exchange a sizeable amount of data but might not be suitable for high power needs.
- But you need a large amount of power to replenish your laptop battery.
- So, Type-A might not be apt for your Laptop.
B) USB Type-C:
- USB-C has an oval shape, unlike Type-A.
- It’s intended for high-wattage availability.
- So, USB-C moves more power than USB-A moves, and also at a faster speed.
- A lot faster!
Check out your laptop’s adaptor or manual to check its USB Type-A or Type-C compatibility.
Step 4: Switch on the Power Bank
- Press the Power Button of the Power Bank to begin the charging.
- Many Power Banks Automatically turn ON while connected.
- This depends upon the Specs of your Power Bank.
Check the Battery Charging Status on your Laptop Screen:
- For windows, the icon is near to a Power Plug symbol; filling up with white.
- On a Mac, you’ll encounter a lightning bolt in the battery symbol.
2 How to charge the laptop with Power Bank. - Step by Step Tutorial Video
3 How to Increase Battery Life of Laptop
Tip 1: Keep only one program running at a time
- We all are used to multi-tasking & multi browsing
- But the more programs run, the faster the battery drains.
- If you’re using Windows 10 or 8, don’t forget to check your taskbar for programs running in the background.
Tip 2: Turn OFF Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use
- Bluetooth, Wi fi & Other always running features consume more energy. You can also check some best wifi router for home and small office.
- So, When not in use turn all these features OFF.
- Also, the Plugins like Pen Drives, CDs, etc consume more energy.
- So remove all external plugins when not in Use.
Tip 3: Activate "Power Saving Mode"
How to do it?
- Look for “Power Saver” Mode in Windows
- (Or Energy Saver” in Mac).
- Go to Settings>> System>> Power & Sleep ( System Preferences in Mac)
Tip 4: Reduce the Screen Brightness
Generally, The Power Saving Mode does this job for you.
But you can adjust the lowest brightness as per your comfort.
How to do it?
- Go to Action Center at the right of the taskbar>> Move the “Brightness” slider to adjust Brightness.
- For Mac, Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays> and the Brightness slider again!
Tip 5: Avoid Extreme Temperatures
- Extreme hot or cold temperatures are not good for batteries.
- So, try to maintain a harmonious temperature where you work.
Check out Some of the Best Powerbanks at affordable prices here:
RASHMI RAGHAVENDRA GUDI: POWER BANK FOR LAPTOP USING PAPER BATTERY. - Retrieved on May 25, 2023
About This Article
Shreyal Shingala is a Content Writer and also a Product tester at BestCheck. Overseeing the content and products, she edits our preceding articles too. Along with that, she loves to spend time with her family when she got her leisure time. Previously, she worked as a content writer and researcher for a digital marketing agency and has written in different niches like blogs, comparison guides, entertainment, and many more.
This article has been viewed 1520 times.