Maggi Mania: The Best Recipe on How to make Maggi Noodles?
Maggi Noodles – a comfort food that every Indian grew up eating! It is a perfect meal option when you are in a hurry or want to enjoy a quick and easy meal. The best part is that you can customize Maggi noodles according to your preference, and they will always taste great. In this blog, we will be discussing how to make Maggi Noodles and their various variations using different vegetables and spices.
Before we get into the Maggi Noodles recipe, let’s take a look at what Maggi Noodles are and how they became so popular in India.
1 Why are Maggi Masala Noodles so popular?
Maggi Noodles is an instant noodle brand that was introduced by Nestle in 1983 in India. Maggi Noodles was an instant hit and quickly became a household name because of its convenience, taste, and affordable price. Over the years, Maggi Noodles has become a part of every Indian’s life, and people have come up with various recipes using Maggi Noodles.
Maggi Noodles is available in different flavors like Masala, Vegetable, Atta Noodles, and more. Masala Maggi Noodles is the most popular flavor, and it’s the one that we will be using in this recipe.
Now that we know about Maggi Noodles let’s dive into the recipe.
2 Maggi Noodles Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 Maggi Packet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Grated cheese for garnishing
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Step-by-step Instructions to prepare the Maggi Recipe
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan and add Maggi Noodles to it. Cook it for 2-3 minutes till it becomes fully cooked. Switch off the flame and strain the noodles using cold water. Keep it aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat. Add finely chopped onions and saute them till they become translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add finely chopped bell peppers, green beans, green peas, and chopped tomatoes. Sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook till the vegetables become soft.
- Add Maggi Masala tastemaker to the pan and mix well.
- Add the cooked noodles to the pan and mix well.
- Add butter to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with grated cheese and chopped coriander leaves.
Your Vegetable Masala Maggi Noodles are ready to serve!
3 Variations of Maggi Noodle Recipes
Vegetable Maggi Noodles: Follow the same recipe as above, but exclude the Maggi Masala tastemaker and add vegetables of your choice like carrots, corn, broccoli, and more.
Spicy Masala Maggi: Add Schezwan sauce to the Maggi Noodles and follow the same recipe as above.
Chaat Masala Maggi: Add chaat masala to the Maggi Noodles and follow the same recipe as above.
Cheese Maggi Noodles: Add grated mozzarella cheese to the Maggi Noodles and follow the same recipe as above.
4 Tips for making the perfect Maggi Noodles
- Always use boiling water to cook the noodles. This will ensure that the noodles cook evenly and don’t stick together.
- Don’t overcook the noodles. Maggi Noodles cook very quickly, so keep an eye on them and remove them from the heat as soon as they are fully cooked.
- Don’t use too much water while cooking the noodles. If you use too much water, the noodles will become soggy, and the taste will be compromised.
- Always add the Maggi Masala tastemaker to the pan after sauteing the vegetables. This will help the spices mix well and give the noodles a delicious flavor.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice to the Maggi Noodles. Just make sure that they are finely chopped and cook them till they become soft.
- Don’t add too much butter or cheese to the Maggi Noodles. They are high in saturated fat and can make the dish unhealthy. Always garnish the Maggi Noodles with chopped coriander leaves. It not only adds flavor but also makes the dish look more appealing.
5 Nutrition and Calories in Maggi Noodles
Maggi Noodles are high in carbohydrates and sodium and low in protein and fiber. They also contain a high amount of sodium, which makes them unhealthy if consumed in large quantities. A pack of Maggi Noodles (70g) contains around 345 calories.
One serving of Maggi noodles (70g) contains 300 calories, 12g of fat, 42g of carbohydrates, 4g of protein, and 1.3g of sodium. It also contains some amount of vitamin C and iron.
6 Wrapping Up
Maggi Noodles is undoubtedly one of the easiest and quickest meals to make. With so many variations available, you can never get bored of eating Maggi Noodles. However, it’s important to remember that Maggi Noodles should not be consumed regularly as they are high in sodium and saturated fat. It’s always better to balance your diet with other healthy meals and exercise regularly. We hope you enjoyed this easy Maggi Noodles recipe and try it out at home.
About This Article
This article has been viewed 144 times.