How to Measure a 32 Inch TV Size in Feet?
Television has become an essential part of our lives, providing entertainment, information, and a way to unwind after a long day. When shopping for a TV, size is one of the most important factors to consider. It can be challenging to determine the right size for your space and viewing preferences, especially when manufacturers use different units of measurement. In this blog, we will discuss how to measure a 32 inch TV size in feet and provide tips on how to choose the perfect TV size for your space.
1 Understanding TV Size Measurements
Before we dive into measuring a 32-inch TV size in feet, let’s clarify how TV sizes are typically measured. Manufacturers measure the size of a TV diagonally, from one corner of the screen to the opposite corner. This measurement includes only the visible screen area, not the bezel or frame surrounding the screen.
The diagonal measurement is usually expressed in inches, and it serves as a standard way to describe the size of the TV. However, this measurement may not always be practical for determining if a TV will fit in a specific space, which is why some people prefer to convert it to feet or other units of measurement.
2 How to Measure a 32 Inch TV Size in Feet?
Now that we understand how TV sizes are measured, let’s go through the process of converting a 32-inch TV size to feet. To convert inches to feet, you can follow these simple steps:
Divide the diagonal measurement in inches by 12 (since there are 12 inches in a foot)
32 inches ÷ 12 = 2.67 feet
So, a 32-inch TV is approximately 2.67 feet diagonally. However, this does not give you the exact width and height of the TV, which are essential measurements for determining if the TV will fit in your desired space. To find the width and height, you’ll need to consider the aspect ratio.
Aspect Ratio and TV Dimensions
Aspect ratio refers to the ratio of a TV screen’s width to its height. Most modern TVs have an aspect ratio of 16:9, also known as a widescreen format. This means that the width of the screen is 16 units for every 9 units of height. To find the width and height of a 32-inch TV with a 16:9 aspect ratio, follow these steps:
- Calculate the width and height in inches:
Width: (16 ÷ (16² + 9²)½) × 32 = 27.9 inches
Height: (9 ÷ (16² + 9²)½) × 32 = 15.7 inches
- Convert the width and height to feet:
Width: 27.9 inches ÷ 12 = 2.33 feet
Height: 15.7 inches ÷ 12 = 1.31 feet
So, the approximate dimensions of a 32-inch TV with a 16:9 aspect ratio are 2.33 feet in width and 1.31 feet in height. These measurements can help you determine if a TV will fit in your desired location or if it will be too big or too small for the space.
Choosing the Right TV Size for Your Space
Now that you know how to measure a 32-inch TV size in feet, it’s important to determine if this size is suitable for your space and viewing preferences. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a TV size:
- Viewing Distance: The recommended viewing distance for a TV depends on its size and resolution. For a 32-inch TV with a 720p or 1080p resolution, the optimal viewing distance is between 4 and 6.5 feet. If the TV has a 4K resolution, you can sit closer, around 3 to 5 feet, without noticing individual pixels. Consider the distance between your seating area and the TV when deciding on size.
- Room Size and Layout: A 32-inch TV may be perfect for smaller spaces such as bedrooms, home offices, or kitchens, but it might not be the best choice for a larger living room or home theatre setup. Make sure to consider the dimensions and layout of the room when choosing a TV size.
- Viewing Angle: The optimal viewing angle for a TV is around 30-40 degrees, which means that the edges of the screen should be within 15-20 degrees of your peripheral vision. If you have a wider seating arrangement or need to accommodate multiple viewing positions, you may want to consider a larger TV or a model with a wider viewing angle.
- Wall Mounting or Stand Placement: If you plan to mount your TV on a wall, ensure that you have enough space to accommodate the width and height of the TV, as well as the required mounting hardware. If you plan to place the TV on a stand, make sure the stand can support the TV’s weight and dimensions. Also, consider any additional devices or accessories you may need to accommodate, such as a soundbar or gaming console.
- Aesthetics: The size of the TV should complement the overall design and aesthetics of the room. A TV that is too large can overwhelm a small space, while a TV that is too small can look out of place in a larger room.
3 Wrapping up
Measuring a 32 inch TV size in feet can be a helpful way to determine if it is the right fit for your space and viewing preferences. By understanding how TV sizes are measured, converting inches to feet, and considering factors such as viewing distance, room size and layout, viewing angle, and aesthetics, you can make an informed decision about the best TV size for your home. Keep these tips in mind as you shop for your next TV, and you’ll be well on your way to creating an enjoyable viewing experience tailored to your unique needs and preferences.
About This Article
Hardik Jethva is an experienced author of the BestCheck family. Working from scratch, he has developed an amazing interest in testing and writing about different products in a transparent manner. His writing skills got more audience for BestCheck. Apart from his professional life, Hardik has his eyes on travelling, meditation, eating healthy food, socializing with people, and car rides.
This article has been viewed 48 times.