Know All about Inverter Technology for Air Conditioner
The idea of putting Inverter Technology in best ac brands was generated from Japan and now it’s used in ACs and Refrigerators.
This technology changes the frequency of the power (current). In layman’s language, knowing what is better: inverter or non inverter ac?
Moreover, an Inverter Air-conditioner auto-adjusts the compressor’s speed to control the flow rate of the refrigerant, thus consuming less power.
Now, what if you want to how many tons of AC will fit in your room? Calculate Room Size for AC before purchasing it.
The task doesn’t end here, you have to maintain Air Conditioners by following steps for efficient ac cleaning or call the service person for it, as the cool air of Clean AC is unbeatable.
In this blog, you will find almost all the information about Inverter Air Conditioner that you need to know before purchasing an AC.
1How Does Inverter Technology work?
The rate of the compressor motor is controlled by an inverter and it continuously regulates the temperature. In the case of DC inverters, it has a variable frequency drive that has an adjustable electrical inverter to control the rate of the electromotor. In other words, it controls the compressor and the heating/cooling output.
The incoming AC current comes into DC by the driver and produces the current of desired frequency using modulation in the electrical inverter. There is a micro-controller which samples each surrounding air temperature and accordingly adjusts the rate of the compressor. A microcontroller is enabled to sample each surrounding air temperature. Post that it would adjust the rate of the compressor accordingly.
To understand it with an analogy – the inverter works like an accelerator in a car. It uses less and more power as per the need or depending upon the temperature of the incoming air.
2How does an inverter Air condition save energy?
The inverter technology saves energy by eliminating the wasted operation of an AC by efficiently controlling motor speed. In non-inverter air conditioners, the motor speed remains constant and the temperature is adjusted by switching the motor off and on. This process of switching on and off the motor consumes more energy. In the case of inverter ACs, the temperature is adjusted by switching the motor speed instead of switching the motor on & off.
3Benefits of Inverter Technology in AC
An air conditioner consists of a maximum peak load, which is generally known as AC ton, for instance, we say 1.5 ton AC. Different tons for AC depending on the different sizes of room. But not all rooms are of the same size. Taking an example of 1.5-ton air conditioners – The AC will always run at peak power requirement when the compressor is running. The process is a bit different when it comes to AC with inverter technology, it runs continuously but will consume only electricity that is needed to keep a stable temperature at the desired level. The capacity is automatically adjusted depending on the requirement of the place it is cooling which makes sure AC is drawing comparatively less power and hence consumes lesser units of power.
4Air Conditioner Accessories
5Advantages of Inverter ACs
- This technology of Inverter in AC consumes less energy and hence it saves about 30 percent to 50 percent of electricity. It is considered the best solution so as to save energy and be economic.
- There is no voltage fluctuation caused by a compressor.
- Inverter AC maintains efficient heating and cooling.
- If you’re planning to get a Solar PV for an air conditioner, then inverter technology is better than non-inverter ACs. There is a double benefit – first, it decreases the size of PV panels as it consumes lesser electricity and secondly it reduces the size of an inverter to be put along with the PV panel.
- Inverter AC is environment friendly since it uses better refrigerants.
- The non-inverter ACs are much quieter due to the non-stop running of the compressor.
- It is suitable for both small and large rooms. Also, it enables you to have a good sound sleep since it would maintain a constant room temperature.
6Disadvantages of Inverter ACs
- It is very important to have an insulated room. If the room isn’t insulated, consumption of power increases and so hence, electricity bill also hikes.
- It has relatively expensive maintenance and repair because of the expensive service support and expensive components used.
7Are there Star Ratings for Inverter ACs?
In 2016, the BEE, Bureau of Energy Efficiency introduced a new star rating standard for Inverter Technology ACs as well. All inverter AC models are put in different categories like BEE 3, 4, and 5 Star rating ranges on BEE. As per the study, the BEE 5-star rated ACs are thought to be the most energy-efficient systems. But it’s seen that according to the BEE, a 5 star-rated inverter AC is less energy-efficient than a 3 star-rated normal split AC.
ADEKOLA, OLAWALE IBRAHIM: DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF A SMART INVERTER SYSTEM. - Retrieved on May 25, 2023