How to Download Files from Mega to IDM?
Mega is a popular cloud storage service that allows users to upload and share files. It is an ideal platform for people who want to store their important files and access them from anywhere. However, downloading files from Mega can be a bit complicated as it involves downloading from a streaming URL link server. To make this process easier, you can use the Internet Download Manager (IDM) software. In this blog post, we will show you how to download Mega files with IDM step-by-step.
1 Installing IDM (Internet download manager)
Before we can start downloading Mega file with IDM, we need to first install IDM on our PC. To install IDM, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser (we recommend using Google Chrome) and search for “Internet Download Manager” in the search bar.
- Choose a trusted website to download IDM from and click on the download link.
- Once the download is complete, double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the instructions provided by the installation wizard to install IDM on your PC.
- After the installation is complete, open Google Chrome and check if IDM is installed by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner and selecting “More tools” followed by “Extensions“. If IDM is installed, you should see it listed among your installed extensions.
2 Downloading Mega Files using IDM
Now that we have installed IDM on our PC, we can start downloading Mega files. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Step 1: Get the Mega Download Link
To download a file from Mega with IDM, you will first need to get the download link. To get the download link, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Mega account.
- Click on the file you want to download.
- In the file preview window, click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Download“.
- A pop-up window will appear with the download link. Copy the link.
Step 2: Add the Mega Download Link to IDM
Now that you have the Mega link, you can add it to IDM to start the download process. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open IDM on your PC.
- Click on the “Add URL” button in the top left corner.
- In the “Add URL” window that appears, paste the Mega downloader link you copied in Step 1.
- Click “OK” to add the link to IDM.
Step 3: Start the Download
Now that you have added the Mega download link to IDM, you can start the download process. To start the download, follow these steps:
- In IDM, click on the download link you just added.
- In the “Download File Info” window that appears, you can choose the download location and rename the file if you wish.
- Click “OK” to start the download.
Step 4: Monitor the Download Speed
While the Mega file is downloading, you can monitor the download speed in IDM. To do this, follow these steps:
- In IDM, click on the “Downloads” menu.
- You should see the Mega file you are downloading listed in the “Downloads” menu.
- You can monitor the download speed in the “Speed” column.
3 Tips to download Mega Files with IDM
Make sure you have a stable internet connection to avoid interruptions during the download process.
- IDM can increase download speed by splitting files into multiple parts and downloading them simultaneously. To optimise download speed, go to “Options” in IDM and select the “Connections” tab. Then, increase the “Number of connections” to 8 or 16.
- IDM allows you to schedule downloads. This is useful if you want to download a large file or when you want to download during off-peak hours from the streaming server. To schedule a download, go to “Scheduler” in IDM and set the download time.
- You can also use IDM to download files from other cloud storage services like Google Drive. To do this, follow the same steps as downloading Mega files, but instead of copying the Mega download link, copy the Google Drive download link.
- If you are using IDM on Android, the process of downloading Mega files is slightly different. You will need to download the Mega app from the Google Play Store and use the app to create a download link. Then, you can copy the link and add it to IDM to start the download process.
4 Wrapping Up
Downloading Mega files with IDM is a straightforward process that can save you time and increase download speed as compared with the existing downloading method. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily download files from Mega and other cloud storage services with IDM. Remember to ensure you have a stable internet connection and optimise your download speed by increasing the number of connections in IDM. Happy downloading!
About This Article
This article has been viewed 27 times.