Let’s admit this…
Running out of battery is a common problem in this running world!
And We can’t run with a plugin with us though!
You’re away from home for a new adventure or at a memorable event!
Let’s say A Power cut robs you off of your Work from Home fun!
There are always ways!
And this way is easy & quite convenient!
Of course – The Power Bank!
Yes, you can Charge Your Laptop with a Power Bank!
Here’s the Step-by-Step Guide to help you out!
We have also provided Tips on How to Increase the Battery Life of Laptop…
How to Charge a Laptop with a Power Bank
Step 1: Choose the Right Power Bank
- Most Laptops require Power Source worth 16 to 20 V.
- Check your Laptop’s Power Ratings and Voltage Output on the Current AC Adapter or in the Manual.
- Low Capacity Power Banks used for mobiles & other devices might not serve your laptop!
- Also, Check your Power Bank’s Output & Specifications.
- In our research, we found out that Mi Power Bank is an apt option for your Laptop.
Step 2: Charge your power bank fully before leaving
- Your Power Bank won’t be your savior if itself isn’t charged!
- And less power won’t help you go on for a whole day!
- So, ensure your Power Bank is fully charged before leaving.
Step 3: Connect the power bank to your laptop
Connect your Power Bank to your Laptop through USB Port.
This relies on the type of USB port you have on your laptop.
Look Out for the right USB Port:
A) USB Type-A:
- Type A can exchange a sizeable amount of data but might not be suitable for high power needs.
- But you need a large amount of power to replenish your laptop battery.
- So, Type-A might not be apt for your Laptop.
B) USB Type-C:
- Unlike Type A, USB-C has an oval shape.
- It’s intended for high-wattage availability.
- So, it can move definitely more Power than Type A can, and also at a faster speed.
A lot faster!
Check out your laptop’s adaptor or manual to check its USB Type-A or Type-C compatibility.
Step 4: Switch on the Power Bank
- Press the Power Button of the Power Bank to begin the charging.
- Many Power Banks Automatically turn ON while connected.
- This depends upon the Specs of your Power Bank.
Check the Battery Charging Status on your Laptop Screen:
- For windows, the icon is near to a Power Plug symbol; filling up with white.
- On a Mac, you’ll see a lightning bolt inside the battery symbol.
How to charge your laptop with Power Bank. - Step by Step Tutorial Video
How to Increase Battery Life of Laptop
Tip 1: Keep only one program running at a time
- We all are used to multi-tasking & multi browsing
- But the more programs running, the faster the battery drains.
- If you’re using Windows 8 or 10, don’t forget to check your taskbar for programs running in the background.
Tip 2: Turn OFF Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use
- Bluetooth, Wi fi & Other always running features consume more energy.
- So, When not in use turn all these features OFF.
- Also, the Plugins like Pen Drives, CDs, etc consume more energy.
- So remove all external plugins when not in Use.
Tip 3: Activate "Power Saving Mode"
How to do it?
- Look for “Power Saver” Mode in Windows
(Or Energy Saver” in Mac).
- Go to Settings>> System>> Power & Sleep ( System Preferences in Mac)
Tip 4: Reduce the Screen Brightness
Generally, The Power Saving Mode does this job for you.
But you can adjust the lowest brightness as per your comfort.
How to do it?
- Go to Action Center at the right of the taskbar>> Move the “Brightness” slider to adjust Brightness.
- For Mac, Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays> and the Brightness slider again!
Tip 5: Avoid Extreme Temperatures
- Extreme hot or cold temperatures are not good for batteries.
- So, try to maintain a harmonious temperature where you work.
Check out Some of the Best Powerbanks at affordable prices here:
Kunshan Xuanchuang Electronic Co., Ltd