Understand your Gut
Here’s the truth: A gut never lies!
So, for a better digestion, get better gut knowledge!
Before we jump into the nitty-gritty of the topic, let’s Understand Your Gut Health.
Quoting the famous literal phrase, “You are what you eat”.
It directly projects the idea of how food has a larger impact on one’s body and health concerns.
For anybody to work upon their health or metabolic system, understanding gut health is of utmost importance.
Without understanding the Gut, we could not make it to what works best for you.
It is knowing how your stomach responds to your daily appetite: in the sense of what food affects you, what kind of habits improve digestion and stimulate metabolic activities.
5 signs that indicate your gut is crying for help:
You can easily detect the deterioration in your gut health by these symptoms.
1. Upset Stomach:
Rapid complaints of gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, or heartburn indicates that something is wrong!
2. Sudden Sweet tooth!
Daily high intakes of processed foods and added sugars of beverages can harm healthy bacteria in your gut.
This imbalance can cause increased cravings for sugar, which can also further harm your stomach.
So, when such cravings increase rapidly, be cautious about your gut health & take preventive measures.
3. Accidental weight changes:
If you gain or lose weight without working out or changing your diet, don’t be excited!
This might be a sign of an unhealthy gut.
An imbalanced gut can affect the ability of your body to absorb nutrients, control sugar in the blood, and store fat.
This might be the reason for abnormal weight change patterns.
4. Disturbed sleep:
An unhealthy gut wouldn’t let you sleep peacefully.
Rapid disturbance in sleep can also result in fatigue & tiredness.
5. Skin Irritations:
Sometimes due to inflammation in the gut, some proteins may leak outside the pores of your skin.
So sudden skin irritation might be a sign your gut is alerting you!
5 things you can do to improve your gut health
Below are the easiest & proven 5 tips you can apply & cover the damage!
1. Work on your stress levels:
Your mental health directly affects your physical health.
Exercise & Meditate daily to decrease your stress.
This eventually results in decreasing the burden of your gut.
2. Get sound & regular sleep:
Always prioritize your sleep schedule.
Take regular and scheduled sleep of 7 to 8 hours.
This will improve your mental stableness as well as digestion.
3. Chew slowly:
Remember to chew your food slowly.
This will help in breaking your food into smaller particles.
This will result in easier & proper digestion along with greater absorption of nutrients in the stomach.
4. Drink more water:
Drink more and more water.
More water balances the pH value of Acidic and basic liquids in your digestive organs.
Regular intake of water will improve the health of intestine muscles and also beneficial micro organism in your gut.
5.Eat more probiotics:
Eat more probiotics to increase your gut health.
Probiotics help to increase beneficial micro organism in your gut.
To know more about probiotic food, keep reading this article.
- People with overgrowth of bacteria should not consume probiotics food.
- It is better to consult your doctor for dosage & diet regarding probiotics.
How to clean Stomach instantly
Obviously, food is a vital ingredient in the natural process of cleaning your colon.
We have jotted down some of the fundamental food intakes that will treat your gastronomical problems and regulate the digestive system.
Experts say that regular consumption of fiber at a sufficient amount (30-35 grams) is optimal to maintain colon health.
Fibers most crucial nutrients available from Nature.
Including high-fibrous fruit and greens in daily diet regulates bowel movements and helps in improving day-to-day digestion.
Some of the fibrous food that promotes natural colon cleansing:
All these green veggies are our heroes as a great source of the nutrient.
Not only do they contain tons of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and antioxidants, but they also have a lot of fiber.
And fiber, dear friends! Are the key to better digestion!
Children mostly go eww over broccoli, eh!
But Broccoli is very essential for better digestion.
Not only does it contain about 5 grams of fiber, but also it is a good friend of all those bacteria in your gut.
Add Brocolli to your daily diet & get a good fiber intake for better stomach health.
Celery is full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients, various fibers & tons of vitamins!
Just one stalk can add one gram of fiber to your dish!
Plus it contains one type of polysaccharide, which improves the stomach linings & also reduces ulcer problems.
- Water is here too!
- Green veggies such as celery, cucumber, tomatoes, spinach & Broccoli are rich in water.
- They can aid in your hydration intake as well as nutrition intake!
- Fruits are the food of glory!
- Fruits contain very essential minerals & Vitamins such as Vitamin C and Potassium which can improve your digestion.
- Apples, Pears, Avocados, Pears, Oranges & Bananas are the fruits you need to eat regularly to improve your digestion.
For Hydration needs:
- In addition to this, Fruits also aid to your regular water intake.
- To meet your hydration need & get some taste eat fruits & vegetables that are rich with water.
- Melons, Strawberries, grapes, oranges, kiwis are rich with water & also Vitamin C!
Oatmeal, Whole Grains, Cereals, Milk, Nuts, Seeds are not only good for your nutrition intake but also enhance digestion.
Oat bran and grain with fibrous outer layer are helpful to relive constipation & increase digestion in people.
A balanced breakfast with right amount of Healthy grains & selected fruits can improve immune system, enhance digestion & nurture your health with nutrients.
Probiotics are nothing but our friendly bacteria that aid in better digestion & improve stomach health.
These bacteria break down indigestible fibers & improve better digestion.
The lack or Absence of these bacteria may result in bloating or gastric problems.
Probiotics have extraordinary health benefits when it comes to colon cleansing.
Benefits of Probiotics:
- It drops the pH levels of the gastrointestinal tract and helps the stool swift through it.
- What’s more, it helps in combating stomach inflammation and indigestion problems by introducing good microorganisms to your gut.
- Apple cider and Yoghurt are one of the best supplements in probiotic-rich foods to cleanse your colon.
Foods full of Probiotics:
Yogurt is the best source of Probiotics.
Yogurt is made by fermentation of milk.
This whole process is done by various good bacteria.
- Yogurt is good for lactose intolerance too.
- Always eat fresh yogurt made at home.
- Carefully read the contains if you plan to buy processed yogurt food.
- Some Yogurts don’t contain Probiotics as bacteria are killed during the process.
Yes, the ordinary drink of your daily lunch & dinner can be a good homemade probiotic solution for you!
Actually, buttermilk is a leftover drink after extracting butter.
There are actually two types:
- Homemade buttermilk
- Processed buttermilk
Things you should know:
- Processed buttermilk doesn’t contain any probiotic bacteria.
- But Homemade Buttermilk contains a good amount of probiotic bacteria.
- That’s why it is sometimes called ‘grandma’s probiotic’
- Buttermilk contains various vitamins & minerals such as B12, phosphorous, riboflavin, etc.
Yes, you heard it right!
Your solution anytime can be found anywhere near the corners of your home!
Like homemade pickles.
Things you should know:
- Pickles are cucumbers pickled in salt and water and left for fermentation for some time.
- These pickled cucumbers are full of probiotics that can enhance good digestion.
- Pickles are full of sodium.
- People with high blood pressure & heart problems should avoid them.
- Always choose homemade pickles.
- Processed pickles made with vinegar do no contain probiotics.
- Make it a point to include healthy fruit juices in your breakfast.
Citrus fruits have the essential vitamins and nutrients with an interesting taste.
- The fibrous fruits fight problems like indigestion and have superior colon cleansing capabilities.
- Moreover, it can be consumed on the go and not involve much preparation.
- The regular intake will gradually be effective in removing unwanted toxins and waste from the body.
However, if one is suffering from stomach acidity, excessive intake of citric juices must be avoided.
Yes, you read it right!
Chutneys are very common sauces accompanied in Indian cuisines complimenting the food savory.
These chutneys are made in various flavors from sweet, spicy to a bit tangy with the appropriate mix of different condiments.
The important aspect is that these chutneys are made from key ingredients like pudina mint leaves, coriander leaves, lemon juice, ginger, green chilies, cumin seeds, and garlic.
The favorable combination of all of these ingredients contribute to stimulating the metabolic functions and hence clean the digestive tract.
Castor oil is a perfect ingredient for stomach cleansing.
- It works best to reduce acidity, constipation, bloating, and abdominal pain.
- It is usually consumed with hot water or milk particularly on an empty stomach.
- Once or twice a day is optimal for effective results.
- This is one of the best natural techniques to get rid of constipation, bloating, or gas problems.
- You can also use castor oil for external application around the stomach followed by wrapping a hot-water towel for an hour.
Buy best quality Castor Oil here:
Make sure you use food-grade or prescribed castor oil for the purpose.
Teas made of natural herbs like mint, lemon, ginger, and pepper assist in the process of colon cleansing.
- The herbal teas have antimicrobial characteristics that suppress the growth of bad microorganisms in the stomach.
- Above all, if you’re suffering from stomach acidity a herbal tea will work as a blessing for your colon health.
- Chamomile tea and Ginger tea with anti-inflammatory properties reduce acid reflux, improve digestion, immunity, and blood circulation.
Avoid mint and lemon if you’re facing severe acidity problems.
Lifestyle Changes to Clean Stomach
- Keep yourself hydrated during the day.
- As per the recent study by medical experts, a good amount of 3.5 liters for men and 2-2.5 liters of water for women is substantial for the body.
- One must start the day with warm water to remove the harmful toxins and boost metabolic functions.
- It also reduces stomach acidity and cramps after eating.
- Better keep a ‘drink water reminder’ on your smartphone app if you’re are forgetful person like most of us!
- This will remind you to drink water every hour.
- With this app, you can calculate how much litters of water you require everyday depending upon your diet & BMI
- The human body is made to consume and digest the food given by nature.
- One must avoid eating processed food or junk food to avoid stomach inflammation, high cholesterol, and indigestion.
- To get relief from problems like diarrhea, Consume food that has a high amount of starch(e.g. Bananas and Rice).
Detox Water Flush:
Make yourself detox water with simple ingredients like mint, ginger, lemon, cinnamon, and apple.
- You can combine any two of these ingredients and soak them for a couple of hours in water.
- Drain the water in a glass and add some pepper and honey.
- Your detox water flush is ready to cure constipation, boost immunity, and improve colon health.
- You can also drink it twice a day after enjoying a heavy meal.
Eat Healthy and on Time:
- As discussed earlier, your daily diet has a major role to play in maintaining your colon health.
- Keep a check on the food habits and include food like nuts, whole grains, leafy vegetables, and seeds with great nutritional value.
Time is money!
- Along with healthy food, it is essential to keep a tab on your mealtime.
- Never skip your meals and at the same time do not overfeed yourself as it may trigger digestion problems.
Clean Your Stomach Instantly
We, at BestCheck, will show you the intriguing methods with a handful of common substances available in your kitchen itself:
Who should drink salt water flush?
- People with high constipation issues
- People with irregular bowel movements.
Steps of making Saltwater Flush:
- Mix two teaspoons of salt (non-iodized salts are preferable) in lukewarm water.
- Drink the mixture instantly.
- Drink this flush with an empty stomach for preferable results.
- You will feel sudden bowel movements shortly after drinking this.
- Drink salt water flush in the morning, soon after waking up. or you can have it in the evening, after a few hours of dinner.
- You must drink it on an empty stomach.
Buy high-quality rock salt here:
Dixon Healthcare Pvt Ltd & Retro Consumer Products LLP
- Avoid Running or Workouts after having saltwater flush.
- You may feel multiple movements so stay close to your home!
People with high blood pressure should not opt for this method.
Drinking honey and lemon with warm water assists with soothing constipation and improves digestion.
Honey and lemon may cleanse the colon and flush out the undigested food and toxins.
How to make honey-lemon juice at home:
- Take a glass of water and add honey, lemon juice with a pinch of ginger into it.
- Have the drink 2-3 times a day to get rid of indigestion problems and cleanse your stomach.
Buy Standard-Quality Honey from reputed brands here:
- Always prefer honey made of good brands.
- Some bad honey products may contain excessive sugar which may lead to adverse effects to digestion & health gain.
- Don’t forget to read the contents before buying honey.
Carom Seeds and Rock Salt:
- Chew the carom seeds with a squeeze of rock salt after having your meal.
- A Decent amount of lukewarm water after will increase digestion and allow the food to pass within the stomach with ease.
- Try this small step a few times (2-3 times) and gas issues and acidity problems will pacify.
Amiras Agro and Foods, FSSAI Lic. No. 10718017000002
We hope the information on how to clean your stomach was helpful. All of these methods are natural and one can pick from the options that work wonders for their gut health. However, if you are suffering from specific stomach problems, it is recommended to consult your doctor and follow prescribed instructions.
Please remind yourself often that it’s not only important to clean your stomach but keep a check on your food and lifestyle habits.
Stay tuned! Keep Visiting us for such important stuff, tech stuff, fun stuff & much more!